User Guide: MS™ Outlook Plug-in
The Conference Group MS Outlook Plug-in integrates with Microsoft
Outlook to enable you to invite conference participants to an
audio, web, and/or video conference, based upon pre-configured
conference information that you control. This User Guide describes
the steps involved to use this tool. If you need additional
assistance contact Support at 1.877.709.8255 or email Customer Service
- Microsoft Outlook cannot be running on the system while the TCG
Outlook Plug-in is installing. Please close Outlook before
- Download the installer file, TCGOutlookPlugin.msi, by clicking
- Run the installer file, specify the installation folder, and
then close the installer when it is done.
Using TCG Outlook
- Once the installation is done, start Outlook to verify that the
installation was successful.
- The "Schedule a Conference" button should
appear on the Outlook tool bar.
- You must first configure the settings before using the
- To configure the settings, click the "Schedule a
Conference" button and choose
- A new window will be displayed.
- Configure your conference information. Click the
Apply button to save.
- You can also edit the invitation information and add your
personal signature if necessary.
- Click OK to save the information.
- TCG Outlook plug-in is ready for use by selecting the Schedule
Conference button on the tool bar.
- On Microsoft Outlook 2010, the toolbar is
located in the Add-ins tab.
- You may need to update the settings whenever you receive new
Removing TCG Outlook
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- Select Start > Settings
> Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove Programs.
- Find and select TCG Outlook Plug-in on the
- Click Change/Remove and it will display the
- Click Uninstall.
- Wait until the process completes and click
- Remove the local configuration files. (see next section)
Changes to the personal signature, email greeting text, star
commands, and dial-in information will be stored in the
configuration file. The user configuration file is stored locally
on the PC. To remove the user configuration settings, go to the
configuration folder and the delete the settings file.
The configuration file can be found in the following folder:
- On Windows XP: C:\Documents and
- On Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Local Settings and AppData folders are usually hidden by
default. To view the hidden folders, open My Computer, select
Tools > Folder Options and
select View tab. Then choose "Show hidden
files and folders" options. Click
- Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows
Vista, or Windows 7.
- Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2010
- .NET Framework 2.0 or later.
- System Administrator Privilege.